|| seamonkeyrodeo ||
| k a r a o k e | m i n d | c o n t r o l |
Thursday, September 09, 2004
 
Polite User Agent String?
So can anybody tell me anything about the RSS reader/bot/what-have-you that identifies itself with the very well-mannered user agent string of "please"?

The (very small) sample set of subscribers to this Feedburner feed seems to confirm what I've heard about usage patterns (Bloglines and NewsGator battling it out for the top two spots, pretty much all other readers well below either); my stats also seem to confirm that there's still a lot of miscellaneous and homebrew stuff going on...readers that Feedburner doesn't yet identify and readers that pass curious little gems like "please" to identify themselves.

Mostly idle curiousity on my part, but I am genuinely interested in finding out what trends in RSS reader usage people are seeing in the real world. Hmmm...now that I think about it, I may actually have a way to get a lot more data on this...more anon.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger