|| seamonkeyrodeo ||
| k a r a o k e | m i n d | c o n t r o l |
Friday, July 16, 2004
 
Again with the Search: Salon, this time
So continuing the trend started by yesterday's search post, I'll note that Salon is today running a piece on Email and search.

Since I've got to get going shortly I'll just post a couple of questions for your consideration:

Do you feel that the author of the Salon article is affected by the "in a Google world, search is the answer to everything" trend that I briefly mentioned yesterday? What in the article supports your opinion?

I find it a little curious that the author begins by citing a study that finds that people use email readers in a wide variety of very different ways, and then proceeds on the apparent assumption that an email reader that pushes the user towards search rather than sort (folders) as a data management approach will work better for everyone in every situation -- don't you agree? :)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger