|| seamonkeyrodeo ||
| k a r a o k e | m i n d | c o n t r o l |
Monday, June 07, 2004
 
Too Much Information
For a techie, I'm a bit on the luddite end of the scale: always carry a cellphone, but rarely an email-capable portable device. Check email on an ongoing basis, but rarely accepting IM. And calls/voicemail are virtually never forwarded from one number to another.

Doing a rough evaluation of the (work addresses only) email that I get, I find an average of about 125-150 mesages per day sent by actual people. Conservatively (assuming 125 messages and a ten hour work day) that's one email every five minutes. The only saving grace is that a decent percentage of those messages are just "cc" from my perspective -- no immediate response required.

My inbox is a little absurd. God help Laurence Lessig and his inbox.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger